Various Consultancy Roles
Department: Consultancy Services
Deadline: 6 December 2021
Working at NSG
Our vision is to be the nuclear industry’s preferred partner and we believe our people are fundamental to achieving this. Our positive and rewarding workplace culture is driven by our four core values: passion, integrity, challenge and collaboration. As a member of the NSG team, we will support your professional development in an exciting and challenging working environment, helping you to deliver to your highest potential.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic and driven individuals for a number of roles: Technical Officer, Consultant, Lead Consultant and Senior Consultant. Working within our Consultancy Services division, these roles offer the opportunity to work within a dynamic team delivering a wide range of projects in the fields of radioactive waste management, decommissioning and environmental restoration for our clients primarily within the UK nuclear industry. Working with passion and integrity in a collaborative environment that welcomes constructive challenge, you will be involved in diverse projects developing waste management and decommissioning strategy, characterising and assessing radioactive waste, and supporting waste consignment. This will require you to review technical and strategic data, undertake calculations, process complex datasets, and prepare coherent written reports. There would also be occasional travel to client sites and other NSG offices within the UK.
Qualifications and Skills
- Recognised professional qualifications (e.g., BSc/MSc/PhD) in a relevant science-based discipline such as (but not limited to) physics, chemistry, geology and environmental science.
- An awareness of, interest in or experience of (dependent on level of role) radioactive waste management and nuclear decommissioning.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with structuring and writing technical reports.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Good communication and engagement skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Committed to and understanding of NSG’s vision, mission and values.
- Due regard to equal opportunities and diversity at all times, and work in a fair and reasonable manner towards all stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please click here.