Site: AWE, Aldermaston
Type: Staff or contract
Deadline: 28 November 2022
Working at NSG
Our vision is to be the nuclear industry’s preferred partner and we believe our people are fundamental to achieving this. Our positive and rewarding workplace culture is driven by our four core values: passion, integrity, challenge and collaboration. As a member of the NSG team, we will support your professional development in an exciting and challenging working environment, helping you to deliver to your highest potential.
The Technical Author will prepare, originate and present technical information in such a way as to allow others to be informed as to the background, risk, safety, justification, change or step-by-step engineering sequence of operation, plant and procedure. Based on research, analysis and evaluation of technical/engineering theory, data and information, the role involves the preparation of technical documentation, including, but not limited to, SSoW, LTQR, PQMP, quality plans and reports.
Qualifications and Skills
- SC or DV clearance.
- Experience of working on infrastructure projects within a highly regulated industry sector, such as nuclear, aerospace, pharmaceutical, rail, oil and gas.
- Educated to ONC or equivalent level in engineering, communication or appropriate subjects.
- Proven ability to create, develop and originate working documentation for applications, such as instruction, justification, process or procedural change and/or information.
- Experience in a similar role within a radiological processing/waste handling environment.
- Experience of AWE 804 system an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Problem solver.
- Excellent communicator.
- Commitment to and understanding of NSG’s vision, mission and values.
- Due regard to equal opportunities and diversity at all times, and work in a fair and reasonable manner towards all stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please click here.