Site: NSG/AWE, Aldermaston
Department: Projects South
Deadline: 26 February 2021
Working at NSG
Our vision is to be the nuclear industry’s preferred partner and we believe our people are fundamental to achieving this. Our positive and rewarding workplace culture is driven by our four core values: passion, integrity, challenge and collaboration. As a member of the NSG team, we will support your professional development in an exciting and challenging working environment, helping you to deliver to your highest potential.
The Safety Advisor will advise the company on any hazard and the assessment of the associated risk, be it potential injury to, or ill health of, personnel and/or damage to plant, equipment, materials or the environment. They will implement ESH&Q policies and procedures designed to help prevent harm to workers, property and the environment, and support projects in their planning, delivery and subcontract management. They will also undertake inspections and audits of the activities and products of NSG and review processes and procedures, and promote an ESH&Q-aware culture across the business.
Qualifications and Skills
- ISO 9001/14001/45001 Internal Auditor qualified.
- Associate Membership of IEMA, Technical Membership of IOSH or Practitioner Membership of CQI.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a quality/safety/environmental role.
- Used to dealing with confidential and commercial information.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of colleagues at all levels and with external stakeholders and contractors.
- Competent user of MS Office.
- Process mapping.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of NSG’s vision, mission and values.
- Due regard to equal opportunities and diversity at all times, and work in a fair and reasonable manner towards all stakeholders.
SC or above is essential.
To apply for this role, please click here.