Site: NSG, Aldermaston
Department: Projects South
Deadline: 6 December 2021
Working at NSG
Our vision is to be the nuclear industry’s preferred partner and we believe our people are fundamental to achieving this. Our positive and rewarding workplace culture is driven by our four core values: passion, integrity, challenge and collaboration. As a member of the NSG team, we will support your professional development in an exciting and challenging working environment, helping you to deliver to your highest potential.
The Project Manager will deliver the scope of decommissioning projects to the agreed time, cost and quality. Reporting to the NSG Decommissioning Programme Manager, the Project Manager will also be responsible for updating and maintaining the forecast, programme and change register throughout the characterisation, design, procurement, implementation and commissioning phases of decommissioning projects. The role also involves direct supervision of NSG decommissioning personnel and subcontractors.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or HND in an engineering discipline.
- IOSH Managing Safely or an appropriate formal health and safety qualification.
- Experience in a project delivery role, ideally associated with decommissioning, waste management and/or environmental remediation.
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of decommissioning projects is essential.
- Proactive, a problem solver and excellent communication skills.
- Experience gained at AWE would be ideal.
- APM or other project management qualification is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of NSG’s vision, mission and values.
- Due regard to equal opportunities and diversity at all times, and work in a fair and reasonable manner towards all stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please click here.