Site: NSG, Aldermaston
Department: Projects South
Deadline: 13 September 2021
Working at NSG
Our vision is to be the nuclear industry’s preferred partner and we believe our people are fundamental to achieving this. Our positive and rewarding workplace culture is driven by our four core values: passion, integrity, challenge and collaboration. As a member of the NSG team, we will support your professional development in an exciting and challenging working environment, helping you to deliver to your highest potential.
To perform activities and carry out assessments on tasks, equipment or environments with a radiological impact, ensuring compliance with the Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017 (IRR17) and as instructed by the Radiation Protection Supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- NVQ Radiation Protection or City & Guilds Radiation Safety Practices.
- Proven experience of health physics surveillance.
- Understanding of radiological issues, radioactive shielding and barrier theories and protocols for safe working.
- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations, including COSHH, PUWER, LOLER and RIDDOR.
- Experience of compliance with radiological protection practices and IRR17.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office.
- Able to organise and prioritise own work.
- Able to carry out simple arithmetic calculations.
- Skilled in utilisation of technical or scientific data.
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Membership of appropriate technical/professional body.
- Used to dealing with confidential and commercial information.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of colleagues at all levels and with external stakeholders and contractors.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
To apply for this role, please click here.