Site: NSG, Aldermaston
Type: Staff or contract
Deadline: 27 February 2023
Working at NSG
Our vision is to be the nuclear industry’s preferred partner and we believe our people are fundamental to achieving this. Our positive and rewarding workplace culture is driven by our four core values: passion, integrity, challenge and collaboration. As a member of the NSG team, we will support your professional development in an exciting and challenging working environment, helping you to deliver to your highest potential.
The Cost Engineer role includes the following key responsibilities and duties:
- Provide a comprehensive and effective cost control and reporting service.
- Provide cost management, oversight and reporting service for the contract to enable the effective management of expenditure and provide oversight of the budget.
- Manage the timely collection of data to support ongoing budget control and forecasting.
- Safely provide cost control management support to the project manager in delivering successful projects, product or integrated solutions to time and scope in a cost-effective way.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to degree level, AAT qualified or equivalent.
- Knowledge of major projects, change control procedures and management.
- Experience of managing financial performance.
- Experience of planning and controlling work to project control procedures.
- Experience of forecasting.
- Excellent negotiating, listening and influencing abilities.
- Management of deadlines and delivery to schedule.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of NSG’s vision, mission and values.
- Due regard to equal opportunities and diversity at all times, and work in a fair and reasonable manner towards all stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please click here.