Assistant Project Manager
Site: NSG, Aldermaston
Department: Projects South
Deadline: 13 September 2021
Working at NSG
Our vision is to be the nuclear industry’s preferred partner and we believe our people are fundamental to achieving this. Our positive and rewarding workplace culture is driven by our four core values: passion, integrity, challenge and collaboration. As a member of the NSG team, we will support your professional development in an exciting and challenging working environment, helping you to deliver to your highest potential.
To deliver low risk, low complexity tasks/work packages within a formal project environment, contributing towards the successful completion of projects under the control of the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager and in compliance with AWE/NSG processes. The Assistant Project Manager will assist the Project Manager in the day to day running of three projects and undertake project administration, procurement and reporting activities in support of the project management function. In addition, the Assistant Project Manager will liaise with functional teams to ensure priorities and dates are set and communication is maintained.
Qualifications and Skills
- Good standard of education, including English and Maths at GCSE or equivalent.
- Evidence of technical or teamwork experience in a business setting.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Read, analyse and interpret charts, spreadsheets, schedules and, in some business areas, technical drawings.
- Clear and concise communication approach, both oral and written, at multiple levels.
- Effective multi-task working, identify and manage priorities and work to challenging timescales.
- Possess good listening skills, enabling requests to be assimilated and converted into action plans.
- A graduate level of qualification is desirable or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the project life cycle.
- Experience of working within a highly regulated environment.
- Familiar with structuring and presentation of own work.
- Used to dealing with confidential and commercial information.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of colleagues at all levels and with external stakeholders and contractors.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
To apply for this role, please click here.